We welcome movement teachers, individuals with SCI, and family members as well to join the discussion with live Q&A.
Starting the conversation:
SCI Recovery & Body Re-Integration
Offering a more complete understanding and appreciation for what is possible after spinal cord injury. If you had a spinal cord injury, if you work with SCI clients, or if you are a family member / caretaker to someone who had an SCI, this course is for you!
We are Starting this Conversation by laying a foundation of important concepts for deeper discussion in later courses & webinars.
With four modules exploring different aspects of paralysis, recovery, bodily re-integration and safety, no matter what your background is, we are sure you will find some new insight on the recovery process.
In this course, we address:
- What impacts does a paralyzing injury have on the whole being?
- What does it mean to ‘recover’ from spinal cord injury?
- What is the current landscape and options for recovery?
- Is it possible to put recovery after spinal cord injury into a stepwise process?
- What are the basic safety concerns and contra-indications of training this population?
This course was recorded as a live webinar with audience interaction.